Moyosola Olalekan Outsourcing Services | Job Title: Head of Procurement | Location: Nigeria \ Employment Type: Full-time Working Hours: 9am – 9pm (Monday to Saturday)
Moyosola Olalekan Outsourcing Services – Our client is a top retail one-stop shop shop for ultimate shopping experience and tourist attraction across Nigeria; open 365 days in the years, with shopping malls located in different locations of the country.
- The Head of Procurement position will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing and supply chain operations of their shopping mall/supermarket.
- In this role, he/she will manage a team of buyers and sourcing professionals, develop and implement procurement strategies, negotiate contracts with suppliers, and ensure that our organization is getting the best possible prices for the products and services.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for creating and implementing procurement strategies that align with the organization’s overall goals and objectives. This may include identifying new suppliers, negotiating better prices and terms with existing suppliers, and exploring alternative sourcing options.
- Manage a team of buyers and sourcing professionals: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for managing a team of buyers and sourcing professionals. This will include recruiting, training, and mentoring team members, setting performance goals and objectives, and ensuring that the team is working effectively and efficiently.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for negotiating contracts with suppliers. This will include identifying the best suppliers, evaluating their capabilities and capacity, and working to secure the best possible prices and terms for the organization.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for ensuring that all procurement activities comply with relevant laws and regulations. This may include working with legal counsel to review contracts and other procurement documents, and ensuring that the organization is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and vendors: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers and vendors. This may include regular meetings and communication with suppliers and vendors, and working to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Manage the inventory: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for managing the inventory, this includes ensuring that products are in stock and available for customers, monitoring inventory levels and reordering products as necessary.
- Monitor market trends and identify new suppliers and products: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for monitoring market trends and identifying new suppliers and products that can meet the changing customer demands.
- Manage the procurement budget: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for managing the procurement budget, ensuring that the organization is getting the most value for its money, and reporting any discrepancies to the senior management.
- The Head of Procurement will be reporting to the senior level executives, such as GM and have a direct impact on the organization’s bottom line.
- Continuously improve the procurement process: The Head of Procurement will be responsible for continuously looking for ways to improve the procurement process, streamline operations, and increase efficiency.
- Train junior members of staff.
Education & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Master’s in Management is an advantage
- 3 – 5 years in a senior position
- Experience with inventory management and budgeting
- Financial and numerical skills
- High-level of attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional talent in negotiating and networking
- Solid knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to foster strong supplier relationships
- Excellent computer knowledge including related accounting packages specifically Sage 300 ERP.
- Familiarity with market trends and new products
- Age range 30 – 45 years.
N350,000 – N500,000 Net Monthly.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online