Job Title: Head of Program | Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria | Partners West Africa – Nigeria (PWA-Nigeria)
Partners West Africa – Nigeria (PWA-Nigeria): Rule of Law and Empowerment Initiative is a nongovernmental organization dedicated to enhancing citizens’ participation and improving security governance in Nigeria and West Africa broadly. The organization is located in Abuja, with a national and regional reach. PWA Nigeria is the newest addition to the Partners Global network. PWA-Nigeria joins a vibrant international community of 19 like-minded national organizations around the world, united by common approaches including participatory decision making, collaborative advocacy, consensus building and social entrepreneurship for democratic governance.
- This will be a challenging and highly rewarding leadership and management role. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Head of Programmes will operationalise PWAN’s 5-year strategy.
- This will involve both strategic planning, programme design to establish an innovative portfolio that will likely include partnerships with both governments and global corporations.
- As a growing organisation, this role will require both a hands-on approach to ensure proper implementation of projects across the country while also maintaining a focus on our overall strategy.
- The Head of Programmes will provide programme leadership and responsible for the design and management of PWAN’s programme portfolio.
- The role will directly manage the Senior Program Managers, Rule of Law, Citizens Security, Head of Kano and Borno Offices as they come on board over the next 3 years.
- The role will also support the fundraising effort of organization, particularly in conceptualizing and writing project proposals.
- Lead innovative programme development efforts and support the resource mobilisation effort of the organization. As a growing organization, PWAN is committed to innovative projects that are fundable.
- Overall responsibility for programme development, implementation, reporting and risk management.
- Integrating and ongoing management of effective monitoring and evaluation frameworks into programme design.
- Line Management of Senior Program Managers Rule of Law, Citizens Security, Head of Kano and Borno Offices and others as the organisation’s portfolio grows
- Exploring innovative solutions and thinking creatively to identify solutions that will maximise our impact on the ground.
- Working with the Head of Office, Kano and Borno to develop a State-based strategy and programme plan.
- Ensure programme coordination and coherence across PWAN’s growing programme portfolio.
- Publicly representing PWAN to support the Executive Director in strategic programme activities that advance the vision of the organization.
- Serve as a Member of the Management Team and support the ED at Board meetings.
- Contribute to PWAN’s strategic planning and organisational development plans.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- University Degree (BA, BSc) Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Desirable: Masters level degree in Law, Sociology, Gender Studies or related disciplines..
- At least 8 years’ experience of programme management
- Experience in leading and building teams.
- Setting up new projects and ensuring programme coherence
- Working with senior officials in both the public and private sector.
- Understanding of programme research, monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Private and public sector experience.
- Strong strategic thinking capacity and ability to transform problems into solution-driven actions.
- Delivering and impact-driven. Strong commitment to result and capacity to work with little or supervision.
- Strong and dynamic leadership capacity – value-based and capacity to inspire the growing professional team.
- Collaborative: Able to work closely within a small team across the organisation
- Communicating and Influencing: Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Cultural Sensitivity and inclusivity: Adaptable and sensitive to work in different cultural contexts.
- Time Management: Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply