Job Title: Head, Retail Business (ICT & Lifestyle Distribution & Retail Supply Chain) | Location: Lagos | Lorache Group
Employment Type: Full-time
Lorache Group is a Marketing Management, Human Capital Development and Business Process & Strategist Consultancy Outfit, registered with Company & Allied Commission (CAC) of Nigeria to perform such businesses. Lorache works cut across multiple industries, including the consumer goods, finance, capital market, pharmaceutical, telecommunication, entertainment and leisure sectors etc.
- The Head of Retail Business plans and directs the operational activities of all our Retail Store across board. Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales and increase profitability.
- The job holder must ensure customers’ needs are met, complaints resolved and service is quick and efficient.
- Ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
Category Management & Product Display:
- Work with internal partners to define, develop, implement and evolve the retail experience to maximize consumer attraction and engagement with our brand within our retail stores
- Develop & produce in conjunction with marketing, promotional in-store merchandising including window displays for all seasonal campaigns and product/service launches.
- Maintain close store observation to identify and drive corrective action ensuring the pricing, promotions, assortment and placement of products are optimal.
- Develop promotion plan to boost sales of specials by implementing pricing strategy based on competitive review of market and aligned revenue goals.
- Understand the competitive retail environments and ensure our brands deliver a differentiated experience.
- Develop and execute the strategic vision for the product line; existing, enhanced and new technology recommendations
- Champion and lead cross-functionally to achieve the strategic initiatives
- Identify new business needs, internally and externally, as well as growth opportunities
- Define and develop associated strategic investment plans with cross-functional collaboration
- Lead coordination of ongoing market and competitive intelligence; analyze and effectively communicate market trends, customer/consumer demands and competitor strategies for product and pricing
- Provide product assortment and pricing direction for new business opportunities
- Participate in customer meetings and trade events to drive growth and keep up with product trends, channel and consumer influences, and competitive challenges
- Translates the strategic goals into Retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit
- Oversee and support the execution of identified opportunities and strategies to improve customer experience/sales in collaboration with the store officers, customer service unit, Brand / marketing unit
- Generates ideas about future Retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy, maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trend.
- Spearhead full responsibility for the delivery of agreed financial objective and Sales across all the Retail Outlets.
- Drive and increase sales performance of the Retail outlets.
- Establish Retail sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quota for all the Stores, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Develop and implement sales plans to create a culture of accountability and to ensure a continued focus on sales performance and goal realization.
- Train and coach Retail officers on the store’s KPIs, product processing, customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, safety and sanitation.
- Work with the HR Department to ensure people management issues are satisfactorily resolved and relevant HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Proactively manage and review performance and progress of team members, sets objectives and targets; works with Human Resource Dept. to develop training plans for the team.
- Participate in recruitment exercise for Retail Business manpower staffing.
- Work with the marketing department to develop promotional in-store merchandising including window displays for all seasonal campaigns and product/service launches to achieve the business objectives and ROI
- Expand the market reach of the business into other corporate sectors to create awareness and with the sole aim of increasing customer database and sales.
- Product Segmentation: Ensure a well displayed products segmentation and deployment across all the Retail Outlets to aid marketing visibilities.
- Professionally aid customers in making informed choice of products to purchase using superior product knowledge.
- Foster compliance of appropriate use and timely request of all office consumables and non-consumables.
- Portray good brand image of the Retail Outlets by ensuring cleanliness at all times
- Ensure compliance on guidelines to store management from opening to closure of the Stores.
- Spot vet and all administrative expense at the store
- Ensure weekly stock count of products in the store is carried with 0% variance recorded.
Accounts / Audit Management:
- Ensure a period stock count is carried out by the Audit Department
- Ensure total compliance and adherence to Cash Management policies across all the Retail Stores
- Carry out spot checks at intervals on products and escalate where necessary.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.