Job Title: Head – Risk Management, Audit and Control | GTI Microfinance Bank | Location: Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate is saddled with formulating and implementing the company’s internal and external strategy, mitigating against risk, and ensuring system audit control.
- Governance: Responsible for providing strategic support to the organization’s achievement of its corporate objectives, through the enablement of efficient and effective governance of significant risks and related opportunities, across the group.
- Risk Monitoring: Undertake the development, deployment, and analysis of Risk Control Self-Assessment Questions, Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and other strategic risk parameters (i.e. losses and incidents, key risk exposures, and early warning indicators).
- Risk Assessment: Support the development of analytical systems, data management capabilities, & processes, and undertake risk assessments of the organization’s products, procedures, Service Level Agreements, etc.
- Risk Identification and Mitigation: Lead the proactive identification and analysis of emergent risks to the organization, design appropriate mitigations, and implement them accordingly.
- Manage Risk Management Policies and Processes: Lead the development and continuous improvement of the organization’s operational and financial risk management processes, and policies, in line with identified best practices, and organizational fit, in order to mitigate the impact of risk events on the organization.
- Risk-Based Capital Allocation: Apply appropriate methodology(s) to determine the allocation of economic capital to business activities based on risk, with the aim of optimizing the group’s risk portfolio through business activities & risk-transfer strategies.
- Process Mapping: Lead the mapping of functional processes across the organization, for the purposes of documenting controls in existing products and processes.
- After Action Reviews: Disseminate learning points from loss and loss events to all employees.
- Support Team’s Development: Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- The ideal candidate must possess Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University, Professional certification in Finance and/or Risk Management from a recognized professional body (e.g., CFA, CGMA, ACCA, ICAN, etc.) and have a minimum of 10 years of work experience.
- A highly sociable personality with strong interpersonal skills and financial acumen.
- He must possess a good appreciation and understanding of strategy formulation and business planning frameworks, risk principles, and mitigation techniques.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.