Title: Head, Treasury & Financial Control | Stockgap Fuels Limited | Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers | Type: Full-time
- Lead and coordinate the corporate budget preparation process across all departments, liaising and collaborating with other Heads of Departments to prepare, timely, accurate budget to enable the achievement of strategic objectives
- Lead and coordinate the development of cost management measures company-wide in collaboration with other Heads of departments
- Advise management and provide inputs on the funding and cash-flow implications of the group’s strategy, goals and plans
- Prepare comprehensive financial reports at period end (e.g. Financial Statements,
- Management Accounts, etc.) to accurately reflect the operations of the company
- Manage foreign exchange risks and interest rate exposures.
- Review and approve Letters of Credit and forwards to the bank to facilitate the importation of products.
- Generate statutory financial reports and statements for the group
- Develop and implement a robust and reliable financial reporting system for the Group
- Advise executive management on changes in financial regulations, legislation as well as changes in competition and market trends.
- Make recommendations to executive management on the formulation of strategic, long-term business plans to minimize financial risk.
- Monitor funding requirements to meet current or long-term corporate objectives, and negotiates with financial service providers to obtain the most cost-effective source of funds.
- Provide financial advice on the organisation’s short, medium and long-term cash/ funding / risk situation to management
- Advise management on the judicious investment of surplus funds.
- Build and maintain relevant banking relationships to ensure availability of funds, secure favourable banking terms and rates and proper management of the accounts of the SBUs and the Group
- Manage the liquidity of the group and ensures that cash is readily available to meet the financial obligations on a need basis
- Liaise with external and internal auditors for the smooth performance of audit operations and deal with any queries from the auditors.
- Develop and manage relationships with relevant external bodies e.g. regulatory organisations in the downstream, auditors, solicitors, banks, etc.
- Keep up-to-date with the industry’s current tax practices and policies.
- Liaise with the tax authorities for tax payment and receipt collection and respond to and ensure adequate follow-up on tax queries from the various tax authorities
- Review performance of financial service providers on a regular basis and take steps to discontinue high-risk relationships
- Prepare recommendations for cost reduction on a regular basis and monitor implementation of such recommendations.
- Interested candidates should possess a B.Sc. / M.Sc Degree with 15 – 20 years relevant work experience
N700,000 – N900,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Application to: [email protected] using “Head, Treasury and Financial Control” as the subject of the mail.