Job Title: Head, Trust
Employment Type: Full-time
- The unit head primarily occupies 2 major roles. A business development role as well as an administrative role. The main task is to develop working structures, drive business performance and deepen relationships with existing Trust clients & improve service quality.
- The job holder will be responsible for expanding the Trust client base and ensure profitable growth for the unit.
- Ultimately, you will Increase scope of trust service offerings and ensure your area of responsibility meets and exceeds the expectations of our business objectives
Business Development Role:
- To generate income and meet income target in line with the set-target determined at the beginning of an appraisal period.
- To aggressively market all the company’s Trust Products and Services
- To effectively profile prospects/clients, analyse their needs and goals and proffer solutions.
- To follow up on clients’ mandates to ensure they are promptly executed and error free.
- To maintain a cordial business relationship with all clients whilst ensuring regular communication with clients.
- To effectively handle all relationship management issues, such that all clients have access to more than one member of the team at any given time.
- To ensure that awareness of Trustee services is created and maintained across the Group.
- Coordinate the consummation of all public, corporate, and private trust transactions.
- Meet with potential trust clients (public, corporate or private) to discuss terms of each transaction and achieve a close.
- Negotiate fees with trust clients and agree on same subject to final approval of management depending on the complexity of the transaction.
- Review and draft trust deeds depending on the process of setting up the trust; where a third-party law firm prepares the trust deed, to review same in good time and ensure that the document meets allowable standards and not inimical to the company or the transaction.
- Prepare proposals for the consideration of potential clients in respect of new briefs.
- Liaise with the SEC and relevant regulators in respect of all trust transactions
- Oversee all third-party dealings for efficiency and qualitative service e.g. payment of coupon and dividend to unitholders or bondholders.
- Attend Investment Committee Meetings of trust accounts in respect of which the company acts as trustee.
- Supervise the distribution of trust assets upon closure or termination of the trust.
- Prepare trustee’s report in respect of the various trust accounts.
- Ensure that awareness of Trustee services is created and maintained across the Group.
- Trust Publication – Develop inspiring and insightful write-ups to enlighten staff and clients about our trust offerings.
- You are responsible for the development and execution of strategies, which would be adopted by your team, towards achieving the goals of the division.
- Your responsibility would encompass driving the sales, publicity, timely reporting of call plans and preparation of weekly and monthly reports.
- A Degree in Law or any Social Sciences.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in trust and/or fiduciary company
- Knowledge of compliance and internal processes relating to the administrations of trust.
- Excellent relationship management skills, and demonstrate the capacity to communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Ability to promote marketing and business development initiatives in a dynamic way.
- Highly self-motivated to excel, ability to motivate others and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly organised with the ability to execute tasks in a methodical structured manner to ensure completion to a consistent standard.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Head, Trust” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Investment One Financial Services is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need