Recore Limited – Our client, one of the leading manufacturing / production organization in Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Health and Safety Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Function as a point of contact for all proactive and reactive Health, Safety and Security matters across the company
- Carry out inspections and audits in line with company program and produce concise reports of findings.
- Build cross functional working arrangements and relationships across the group functions
- Maintain, advice and undertake all aspects of risk assessment in accordance with company policies, contractual arrangements and statutory requirements
- Provide advice and support to all operational and development staff on meeting statutory and contractual Health, Safety, Fire Safety and Security requirements
- Design and deliver solutions to operational challenges relating to health, safety, and security issues; lead teams across the organization to enforce barriers to undesired events
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships across departments, senior leaders and create alignment and momentum on systemic improvements to our health, safety and security systems in the organization
- Educate and Influence behavior change: Use Intel communications, internal systems, and trainings to improve staff awareness, education, and behavior patterns to mitigate risks and improve safety
- Deploy additional Health, Safety and Security resources as the need arises to support project and facility operations activities.
- Supervise team; provide support and leadership to the team including management of third party contractors
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, residents/ occupants, agents, partners, suppliers and staff
- Oversee environmental health, safety and security, to comply with minimum assurance expectations; assure security of the facility
- Assist in investigations at the project sites and provide advice for the protection of the company’s owned and managed assets
- Implement safety risk management practices in line with the company’s safety policy
- Oversee provision of prompt response to health, safety and security requests and issues from facility occupants with tracking and engagements as the need arises
- Participate in lessons learned meetings and actively promote the organizations’ core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- 4+ years’ experience in similar position including Contractor management
- Experience in Health and Safety Operations across multiple occupancy sites
- Knowledge on how the building/public interface works
- Demonstrated leadership skills with impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles; understanding of financial principles and practices
- Good analytical/critical thinking; Quick thinking, dynamic and persistent to achieve results
- Ability to identify and to respond to clients/ stakeholders’ requirements in a diplomatic manner
- Passionate about Safety, driving safety performance in the project execution
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems; procurement and contracts
- Self-motivated, decisive and committed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Deadline Date: 7th March, 2020