RTI International is seeking a Health Informatics Advisor for a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project to strengthen International Health Regulations (2005) capacities of the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) and support NCDC to address priority areas stipulated in the National Action Plan for Health Security.
The Health Informatics Advisor will provide technical support to NCDC concerning information systems used for disease surveillance. The NCDC uses a variety of software systems to collect and analyze data used in disease surveillance. The Health Informatics Advisor will provide technical assistance and lead activities to improve integration and develop interoperability of systems according to NCDC priorities.
This is a full-time position at national level, reporting directly to the RTI Project Director. This position has an anticipated initial term of one year, with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of four years based upon receiving additional funding from the CDC and approval from RTI.
- Support and strengthen the capacity of NCDC to develop and maintain information systems used for disease surveillance
- Interface frequently with NCDC and partners to solicit system requirements, build support and buy-in for systems, and advocate project goals.
- Assist as needed with the deployment and maintenance of SORMAS and other Integrated Disease Surveillance systems at the national, State and Local government levels
- Work with NCDC and States and LGAs to develop and institutionalize policies and procedures to support use and maintenance of disease surveillance information systems.
- Train and mentor NCDC, State and LGA personnel
- Assist in the development of data standards and protocols necessary for the integration of disparate systems
- Assist NCDC to ensure data accuracy and security, legal, and regulatory compliance with national standards
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field + 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field + 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge/understanding of SORMAS, DHIS 2, SITAware, Tatofo laboratory information management software, data standards and interoperability
- Knowledge of one or more software development methodologies
- Experience in project management of digital health projects
- Experience working with health sector information systems is preferred
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements specification development, and data modeling.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Knowledge of DHIS 2 data structures, data export capabilities, and API desired.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer technical skills through mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Deadline: Not Specified