Title: Chief Financial Officer | Healthcare Asset Management Firm
Reports to: Senior Management Team
An Africa-focused healthcare asset management entity, committed to investing in and transforming healthcare assets across Africa through innovation and technology.
- The ideal candidate will provide comprehensive and proactive support to the organization by heading the Finance Unit and carrying out Audit & Internal controls, Investor management as well as maintaining good Finance systems and structures according to the organization and national standards of Finance operations, building forecast models for financial planning and analysis.
- He/She will be responsible for relationship management with a portfolio of prioritized health system accounts. These accounts include, but are not limited to the organization’s corporate hospitals across W. Africa as well as its owned and operated brands across West Africa.
- Responsible for developing annual plans and budgets for the Finance department to support the achievement of the corporate strategy.
- Updates and implements financial policies, procedures, and strategies across the organization.
- Works with Senior Management team on possible Investment portfolios where funds can be channelled to.
- Manages software finance system and ensures the business runs smoothly and profitably. Prepares the monthly financials as well as monthly management reports for senior management.
- Responsible for building forecast models for financial planning and analysis.
- Computes the Return on Investments (ROI) as well as Regular Fund Statements to investors.
- Maintains Finance practices to ensure accurate and reliable data is available for business operations and planning.
- Ensures effective management of the organization’s financial resources, and compliance with annual budgets.
- Manages relationships with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. regulatory organizations, external auditors, solicitors, banks etc.
- Represents the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Manages key banking relationships to facilitate proper, timely and cost-effective funding of business operations.
- Implements and ensures compliance with the Finance policies and procedures of the company ar (Ghana, Nigeria and W.Africa generally) in line with financial regulatory standards
- Works with the team to ensure the preparation and communication of timely, accurate, and useful financial and management reports for investors, lending institutions and the Board of Directors on a periodic and /or ad-hoc basis.
Internal Audit Role:
- Review operational and financial processes to provide management with an independent assessment of business risk, internal control and overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process.
- Responsible for reviews of the company’s strategy, operations, business performance and information processing and identify risks that may impact the group’s financial statements.
- Periodic reviews of existing Company policies, processes and controls to identify risks and make appropriate recommendations to management for corrective actions.
- Provide periodic report to the Audit Committee on Audit Plan and on Internal Audit assignments, investigations.
- Ensures the accurate recording of financial transactions, and the prompt reconciliation of all accounts.
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans/programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits/special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
- Investigate specific cases of fraud, defalcations and other malpractices and make appropriate recommendation to prevent future reoccurrence.
- Liaise with the external auditor and other business units on a timely audit of the company financial accounts.
- Perform pre and post-payment audit of salaries, major purchases and other transactions involving cash flow to ensure they are properly authorized and approved with supporting documents.
- Any other duties as will be assigned by Senior Management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have a BSc / MSc in Finance, Economics or any related field
- Must have at least 8 – 10 years’ experience in Finance Managerial role/ Prior CFO experience
- Excellent knowledge of best practice finance policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of finance systems/software and practices.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications for financial reporting e.g Sage 50 (Peachtree), Quickbooks, Xero etc.
- Budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control.
- Investment planning and portfolio management.
- Financial reporting and Tax planning/management
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Presentation and communications skills.
Application Closing Date
31st November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the ” Title” as the subject of the email.