OutsideIn HR Limited was birth from this realization – “you’ve got to find what you love…this is true for your work as it is for your lovers’ – an excerpt from Steve Jobs famous Stanford commencement speech. Thanks Steve – who would have known how far reaching the impact of a commencement speech could go?
OutsideIn HR has been nurtured as a successful social experiment – to find out what happens when you stop careering and start contributing! Contributing really meaningfully in the areas you’re most passionate about. Selah.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hospitality Manager
- The Hospitality Manager will be responsible for integrating dynamic business environment, technological developments and changing values into the management of the hotel. The individual will manage the planning, marketing, coordinating and administering hotel services such as accommodation and catering facilities.
- The Hospitality Manager will stimulate best practices for maximum efficiency and ensure a suitable working environment is attained for the hotel guests, staff and their activities.
- The successful candidate will be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to the hotel and other hospitality businesses, drafting procedures for systems within the facilities.
- Plan and strategize smart marketing projects for the hotel and corresponding hospitality businesses
- Ensure and provide flawless, upscale, professional and high-class guest service experiences
- Analyse customer feedback and provide strategic direction to continuously improve overall rating
- Respond to guests needs and anticipate their unstated ones
- Monitor daily bookings and ensure assigned rooms are prepared prior to check-in
- Oversee check-in and check-out procedures, including reservations and financial transactions
- Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure all customer concerns are resolved in time
- Integrate dynamic business environment, technological developments and changing values into the management of the hotel and other hospitality business
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Ensure the hotel and other hospitality facilities meet health and safety requirements
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors are completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences
- Build new relationships and maintain good relationships with existing clients and sundry
- Train and re-train the team to ensure excellent customer experience always
- Introduce new idea and knowledge to improve standard, consumer primary activities and protect the associated investments
- Collate reports and present same to strategy team and management team
- Leverage on food and beverage options within the hotelТs ecosystem for guests and introduce options that best serve the hotelТs needs
- Undertake all such other tasks or duties as may be assigned from time to time as may be required to meet the needs of the Group
Qualification & Experience
- A University degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of hospitality experience
- Candidate must have had some international work experience in a hotel or relevant hospitality business
- People management will be an added advantage
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Procurement and negotiation skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Confident decision making and problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- The ability to draw information from various sources, including people
- Record keeping and tracking with high attention to details
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents
- Teamwork and the ability to lead and motivate others
- IT skills
- Practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and for extended hours
- Active listening
- Good communication skills
Application Closing Date
19th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the “Job Position” as subject of the email.