Hotel Receptionist at Bolton White Hotels and Apartments
Bolton White Hotel | Job Title: Hotel Receptionist | Location: Abuja (FCT) | Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, or central reservation systems referral.
- Get vital information from guest to complete their profile i.e. email, telephone numbers, work or home address; place of work etc.
- Work in conjunction with housekeeping and other departments to ensure all rooms are clean and well-furnished to accommodate guests.
- Upsell additional facilities when appropriate
- Maintain up to date records of all guests in house.
- Check out guests at the end of their stay, check billing instructions and collect payment.
- Check in guests and provide information about the hotel. For instance: Restaurant, Gym, Business Centre tec.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the sellingstatus, rates, and benefits of allpackagesplans.
- Knows thecreditpolicy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determinesroom ratesbased on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understands the hotel’s policy onguaranteed reservationsandno-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Helps develop room revenue andoccupancyforecasts.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advances deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Promotesgoodwillby beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Tracks future room availability on the basis of reservations, and helps develop forecasts for room revenue and occupancy.
- To be aware of all front office procedures and assist withreceptionduties when required.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to health andsafety,fireand bomb threat procedures.
- Perform any other works as and when assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 – 2 years of work experience.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application Letter and Passport Photograph to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.