Job Title: HR & Admin Manager | Location: Lagos | Weevate
Weevate – Africa’s first Data Powered distribution Company using a combination of real time data, Direct access at scale, and our strong existing relationships with local informal traders, Wholesalers and logistics companies as our key strengths. We’re focused on the entire African continent and are poised to offer even larger scale once The African Continental Free Trade Area kicks off all over Africa.
- Responsible for overseeing all matters relating to people management within the organization including but not limited to, hiring and retaining staff, contracts and onboarding for new employees, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, etc.
Principal Duties / Responsibilities
- Articulate, update and execute the HR strategies, policies and processes in line with the company’s business strategy, key business objectives and pertinent labour laws
- Communicate approved strategies, policies and procedures to functional heads and staff and drives compliance and adoption
- Keep abreast of relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental changes to ensure that the business remains compliant
- Prepare the annual Human Resources budget and plan, and drives their implementation
- Facilitate the definition of the corporate culture and underlying values for the business
- Develop and implement programmes and change interventions to enable the implementation of defined corporate values and organisational culture.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Identify current and future recruitment needs.
- Design, enhance and implement a HR recruitment policy that guides recruitment process and outcomes in a systematic approach
- Drive the recruitment efforts and new hire and transfer processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions, test and assess candidates, interview candidates, negotiate job offers etc.
- Carry out extensive reference and background checks
- Consult with and advise management to maximize employee productivity through swift and timely resolution
- Resolve employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings (corrective action), Performance Improvement Plans.
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly and annual performance reviews
- Ensure necessary career progression meetings are set regularly between management.
- Work with management to develop of a well-formulated and effective company-wide succession planning framework (to include e.g. career growth opportunity identification, as well as the targeted development, mentoring, career counseling of high-flyers at all levels)
- Ensure all staff are properly trained for their positions.
- Develop training plans for soft skills and technical skills for employees.
- Organise training programmes rewards for high performing workers.
General HR Support:
- Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include: employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Supports and serves as a liaison between employees and management
- Provide counsel to employees and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc.
- Put structure and culture in place to achieve organizational goals
- Work with management to formalise and propagate company culture which includes but not limited to Newsletter distribution, Events/Celebrations, Value reinforcement, etc.
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Evaluate, present the case for change and drive the implementation of the appropriate resourcing and talent management initiatives to ensure that the organisation has the talent required to deliver its strategy.
- Facilitates the adoption of a strategic approach to exit management and oversee the establishment of the appropriate processes and practices.
- Develop and maintain a competitive and merit based compensation system to support the Company’s reward philosophy as well as its talent attraction and retention strategies.
- Advise and coach Functional Heads on staffing and development to ensure optimal returns on investments in people.
- Works with the Functional Heads and Unit to design and implement staff training & development strategies and plans to ensure identified needs are addressed with suitable training interventions.
- Performance Management & Succession Planning
- Agree key performance management objectives with management, develop strategies and put measures in place within Human Resources to ensure that agreed imperatives are delivered
- Review the outputs from the periodic Company performance reviews and moderation exercises. Reports and advises leadership on their implications for operational performance, succession management and employee engagement
Alliance Management & Collaboration:
- Responsible for managing strategic alliances and collaboration with stakeholders and other Management staff across the organization.
- Manage the performance of reports and ensure that relevant training and development interventions are implemented to sustain performance
- Mentor and coach report to ensure performance in the team is sustained.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree/ HND in any Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration disciplines
- Professional certification in Human Resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)First degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting, Economics or any related field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a senior generalist HR/HC role in a similar organization or Technology Start-up.
- Working deep knowledge of the Nigerian Labour Law and other related laws.
- Conversant with the dynamism of an Owner Managed Business environment.
- Experience along with change management and organisation restructuring projects.
- Experience building and implementing new HR systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Good knowledge and experience in Project Management to ensure successful delivery and to establish clear goals.
- Numerate, with good finance abilities and capable of managing budgets.
- Excellent negotiation and assertiveness.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong forecasting and planning skills; able to correctly assess the needs of the Business.
- People person. High interpersonal skills, a collaborative and flexible style.
- Digital savviness – Proficiency with the use of digital and Microsoft office tools and other HRIS tools
- Ability to generate timely, concise, and effective business correspondence both oral and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organized
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Strong interest in psychology and behaviour.
- Support for Remote Work
- Competitive Remuneration Packages and Performance Bonus
- Employment Insurance
- Health Cover
- Travel/Vacation Allowance
- Equity Pool
- Free Food
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- Discounts for Events & Travels that help you learn new things and do your job better
- “We Activate!” This is our paid arrangement for community Service. 2 weeks to do something that matters for people in your immediate environment…
- Working with some of the coolest people on this continent on some of the fanciest and most effective technologies/tools solving some of the most far-reaching problems around.
- Transport Allowance (With a Fair usage policy).
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply