HR Business Partner | Lagos | Department: HR UnitEmployment Type: Full time | Reports To: Head, HR & AdminGrade Level: Mid-level
Layer3 is a fun and innovative place to work – a leading ICT company in Nigeria. Recently listed by The London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘Companies to Inspire Africa 2019’ report and in 2018, was listed by Jobberman as one of the Top ICT companies to work for in Nigeria. We have a superb work culture with strong values. We are passionate about building a generation of future leaders and a team of professionals that are changing the world.
Our positive work environment inspires all Layerons to live their dreams and be the best they can be. This, coupled with our passion for excellence, world class technology solutions and global partners, help us fulfil our mission to make our customers’ businesses more successful.
In this position, the HR Business Partner plays the vital role of providing support on a wide range of strategic and operational HR issues. You will work closely with leaders and team members of Layer3 to foster a vibrant, friendly work environment that promotes strong collaboration, innovation, high performance, and continuous learning.
Your role will also involve supporting the Head HR with technical skills providing HR solutions or initiatives that will improve the company-wide Learning and Development experience; as well as performance management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and execution of strategy and plans from an HR perspective for the delivery of core HR services.
- Serves as a liaison between the Lagos employees and HR to understand business priorities and assess needs in staffing, organization design, performance management, change management, employee relations, talent management and career development etc.
- Recommends HR solutions, drives initiatives, implements new processes or tools in support of business priorities, project operations and overall team engagement.
- Map out training plans and schedules, designing and developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for corporate, HR training and more.
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development etc)
- Support the design and monitor Performance Management to enable employees and teams understand the goals of Layer3 and identify how individual and team outputs contribute to the achievement of Layer3’s objectives.
- Manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management and performance improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven approach that sets priorities for improvements in line with on-going strategic imperatives.
- Support with implementing recruitment plans and strategies designed to fulfil the company staffing needs.
- Use and analyse People data generated by the HR Operations to help the business make informed people decisions.
- Liaise with managers and employees on appropriate guidance channels and act as a point of escalation for key HR matters or issues that arise.
- Develop and maintain cordial relationships with all Layer3 employees. Providing HR support on all employee matters to Lagos employees.
KEY SKILLS ACQUIRED
- Champions and promotes HR initiatives across the teams
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethics, able to handle confidential information sensitively and with integrity
- Good planning, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fast learner, proactive, agility to function in a fast-changing innovative environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Humanities, or related disciplines
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a HR Business Partner role will be an added advantage
- A professional qualification like CIPM, CIPD or SHRM and IT Industry sector practice is desired
- On-call availability
- Willingness and ability to travel if required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
If you want to become a Layeron send your CV to [email protected] and we will contact you if your qualification meets the description of any job opening