HR Business Partner, CCIB and Functions | Human Resources | Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Nigeria- Lagos | Schedule: Full-time | Standard Chartered Bank
About Standard Chartered: We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role holder will partner with Business / function leaders in Nigeria to deliver the People Plan, aligned to the relevant global business / function People Plan and the Group People Strategy.
- Provide strategic guidance and partnership to business leaders, enabling delivery of the Business/Function People Plan in Nigeria
- Provide local context and insights to the Global HR Business Partner for Business/Function to facilitate local adoption of the global People Plan
- Identify, prioritise and develop organisational capabilities and behaviours to build a workforce that is future-ready
- Effectively partner with, challenge and influence business leaders to deliver the right outcomes on people-related decisions, focusing on key agenda items such as Diversity & Inclusion and Wellbeing
- Be a disruptor, driving culture change and delivering global and/or local change initiatives in CCIB and respective Function
- Lead country People Forums for CCIB/assigned functions and drive projects and deliverables that relate to the CCIB and respective function People Plan
- Collaborate with Global HRBPs to deliver an adaptable, right-sized, right-shored operating model focused on improving productivity in CCIB and respective function
- Provide advice on country-specific implications of OD activity and conduct reviews on key OD aspects to optimise the shape of the workforce
- Identify areas for improvement in HR processes, providing feedback and escalating issues where appropriate to relevant COEs to enhance client experience and improve productivity within HR
People and Talent
- Develop and deploy an effective talent strategy to ensure high-quality succession pipelines exist for critical roles within CCIB and assigned functions.
- Play an active role in key talent decisions, including senior hiring
- Collaborate with colleagues within HR, including Global HRBPs, to facilitate internal movement of key talent
- Understand and help manage the people-related risk profile of [Business/Function], including operational and reputational risk, to Group Standards
- Provide oversight of complex employee relations issues involving senior people, significant litigation, and high profile or broad business issues
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct, as it relates to the role remit, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations form part of the culture within CCIB and assigned functions
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Nigeria’s CCIB Business and other assigned functions to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A good first degree in relevant discipline, possession of higher degree(s) is desirable
- Minimum of ten (10) years substantive background in relevant experience
- Strong strategic orientation, interpersonal/communication skills
- Sharp business acumen, with organisational and leadership skillsPosting Date: 17/Mar/2021, 9:08:34 AMUnposting Date:
Application Closing Date
31/Mar/2021, 5:59:00 PM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply