Job Title: Human Resource Generalist | Egbin Power Plc |Location: (Ijede, Ikorodu) Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
Egbin Power Plc. is West Africa’s largest power generation station with an installed capacity of 1,320 MW consisting of 6 Units of 220MW each. One of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Our future aim is to lead the movement to ‘Light up Nigeria’ and the wider sub-Saharan African region.
Egbin is located at the heart of a small town called Egbin in Ikorodu Local Government Area of Lagos.
- To assist with the general operations within the HR department and contribute directly to the work of the learning and development units.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct reference / background and employee eligibility verifications for new hires
- Tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Develop interventions for the implementation of HR strategies.
- Support with the development of training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Drive company culture through various initiatives to build and sustain a community
- Deploying initiatives geared towards rewards, recognition and general employee motivation
- Process and channel employees’ requests to the appropriate functions
- Organize and execute all approved and assigned HR events (i.e. company training, team bonding, retreats etc.
- Manage the delivery of in-house training and development programmes
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programme
- Provide accurate administration and record-keeping for all training programmes
- Analyze staff training needs, you will take into account their functional area, developmental need and competency framework and respond to their training request in a timely manner
- Maintain the training scheduling system and training spreadsheet annually
- Review training materials from a variety of vendors and select materials with appropriate content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- Professional qualification in HR e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years relevant experience in an HR generalist role.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of key HR process areas and their linkages.
- Sound knowledge of relevant applications to support HR operations
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.