Title: Human Resources and Admin Manager | Location: Lagos Lagos, | Type: Full-time | St. Saviour’s School
St. Saviour’s School Ebute -Metta, the pioneer School of the St. Saviour’s Schools (St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta and St. Saviour’s School, Ikoyi) was founded in 1951 and for 47 years provided quality education to primary school-age children. In 1998 the St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta in a bid to continue nurturing children, started the nursery school and today proudly provides an enabling environment which inspires excellence and lifelong learning to children between ages 3 and 11.
- To lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for the School.
- The HR and Admin. Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits training and development, as well as oversee administrative activities.
- Develop and oversee the recruitment process.
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Manage the new hire orientation process
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in school processes or labour laws.
- Ensure all HR records, processes and policies align with the provisions of the Nigerian Labour law
- Manage overtime process, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of staff information to aid Management decision
- Comply with and ensure confidentiality of information and data protection
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor compensation – ensuring internal equity & compliance with applicable laws
- Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour law.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the School.
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors
- Schedule and screen requests for meetings
- Assist in the organising and hosting of approved hospitality functions.
- Collate the global year plan, under direction of the Head Teacher
- Ensure the School vehicles are well maintained and available to carry out official duties
Training and Development and Performance Management:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development
- Make recommendations on appropriate training interventions
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews
- Design and review performance appraisal tools
Employee Welfare/ Relations:
- Develop initiatives that will ensure employee engagement
- Conduct employee engagement survey from time to time
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues &work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
- Develop policies to ensure smooth employee relations
- Uphold discipline by developing and enforcing relevant policies
Health & Safety Management:
- Ensure the school’s Health & Safety Policy is clearly communicated and available to all
- Ensure the Health & Safety Policy is put into practice and is subject to review and assessment at regular intervals or as the situation or legislation changes.
- Ensure systems are in place for effective monitoring, measuring and reporting of Health & Safety issues to the Technical and Building Committees, Board of Management, in consultation with the Head Teacher.
- Ensure the maximum level of security is always maintained.
- Monitor the performance of the School Nurse and ensure that the Sick Bay meets the required standards for Health & Safety, in consultation with the School Nurse
- Liaise with the Board of Management to develop and review procurement policy
- Conduct market survey to negotiate the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for School
- Identify and research potential new suppliers
- Ensure all procurements are in line with the procurement policy
- Oversee the activities of the security, stewards, facility attendants, Communications Officer and School Nurse
- Ensure performance of direct reports are well managed
- Prepare reports on staff issues for Board deliberations as required
- Advise and provide guidance to the Board on employee related issues
- First Degree
- CIPM, CIPD, HRCI Certification
- At least Seven (7) years post qualification experience with at least three (3) of the years overseeing the HR function of a medium or large organization.
- Experience in HR/ADMIN function of a school is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application along with CV to: [email protected] using the Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.