Title: Human Resources Associate | Klasha | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
- Klasha is looking to hire an experienced HR Associate to manage and maintain our human resources records. In this role, you will be responsible for obtaining and recording HR information, managing the HR database, creating HR documentation and assisting company employees with enrollment procedures and HR-related issues.
- To ensure success as an HR Associate, you should have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and a good understanding of employment law. Ultimately, a top-notch HR Associate is well organized, efficient, and approachable.
- The role is on a rolling contract / part-time basis moving to full-time,
- Communicating with potential job candidates.
- Contacting candidate references and verifying education listings.
- Managing HR records including, résumés, applicant logs, and employee forms.
- Issuing employment contracts and verifying completion.
- Issuing new employees with enrollment documents.
- Conducting employee orientations.
- Explaining employee benefits.
- Responding to HR-related queries within the company.
- Maintaining employee confidentiality.
- Assisting with the distribution of training material.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Previous experience working in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of database software, email systems, and office software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Good organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of employment law.
- Empathy and an approachable demeanor.
- Attentiveness and honesty.
Remuneration and Benefits
The fun stuff:
- Competitive salary.
- Cool company perks.
- You’ll be working with a young, growing team based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Fast and expanding career progression.
- Flexible working hours.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply