Cornerstone Insurance Plc | Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) | Location: Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
Overview of the Role
- Partner with business units to assess short and long-term HR needs and provide strategic HR support to ensure that business objectives are met
- Facilitate the implementation of various initiatives from HR centre of expertise – Resourcing, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits and Employee
- Relations to ensure effective delivery of HR solution across business lines.
- Serve as the primary interface between HC and the business units
- Identify recruitment needs, strategic competencies and forecast critical skills requirement.
- Partner with talent management to implement recruitment plans to hire/fill vacant positions in area of coverage
- Providing performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, and career development)
- Coordinate grievance/disciplinary issues in area of coverage
- Facilitate effective implementation of career management initiatives
- Implement planned visitation to branches for on the spot assessment of business situations and HR issues.
- Ensure new hires meet specific target performance level and proper documentation prior to confirmation
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary
- Consult and offer advice and drive improvements within your partnered teams.
- Provides guidance and input on department structure, workforce planning and succession planning for a rapidly growing team.
- Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position, and competition of the business units under the HR purview.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, consulting with Legal where necessary.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the human resources department to develop policies, programs, and solutions
- Analyze data trends and metrics to inform business decisions
- Find ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention. ▪ Coordinate staff exit process in area of coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional Qualification (e.g., CIPM)
- A relevant postgraduate degree would be an added advantage
- Any other relevant professional certification would be an added advantage
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in multiple HR disciplines, including performance management, recruitment and employee relations
- Demonstrable experience in leading the development of strategic business plans
- Consulting experience is desirable, not essential
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.