Job Title: Human Resources for Health (HRH) Consultant | Idmibok International | Location: Nigeria (Remote with some traveling)
Employment Type: Temporary
Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
- This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on.The main objective is to improve Human Resources for Health information to inform planning so an appropriate number of the right types of health workers, including CHWs, are available at the PHC level to provide integrated, high-quality health services.
- The consultant will provide specialized assistance to support Human Resources for Health policy and planning.
- This assessment will be conducted in Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo [DRC], Mali, Niger and Nigeria. HRH Planning activities will focus on one province or state per country.
- This is a remote position with some traveling.
- For each country, in consultation with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and other stakeholders, decide on which analytics are needed for HRH planning and policy in one priority province or state per country (e.g., data collection and analysis)
- Map existing HRH, determine the numbers and types of health workers needed at each health facility and community post,
- Optimize allocation within existing budgets, and document retention and motivation issues.
- Develop a process for how HRH data will inform the HRH policy dialog and planning
- Strengthen MoH knowledge of HRH analytics and data use
- Identify a local partner (if needed) to plan logistics, collect data, perform analyses, and write a report with results and recommendations on how to improve the deployment of HRH, reduce or eliminate under- and over-staffing of health facilities and community posts, and improve retention and motivation.
- Strengthen MoH staff capacity on using data to inform HRH planning and subsequent operationalization of plans to improve HRH deployment and retention
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced Degree in HRH or equivalent
- At least 7 years’ experience in HRH
- Demonstrated track record of working with Ministries of Health on HRH planning in any of the selected countries
- Designing and implementing performance frameworks and contracts for salary incentives
- Expertise in multi-stakeholder engagement for HRH deployment and retention, HRH analytics, data collection and analysis, HRH policy dialog and planning
- Ability to assist in the operationalization of the implementation plan, and strengthen MoH capacity for HRH policy and planning
- Familiarity with existing HRH guidelines and approaches
- Knowledge of the Global Fund mandate, strategy and model of work is an asset
- Language fluency in English and French
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter (addressing previous related work including a list of past HRH-related projects, daily rate ($), country of residence and how you intend to carry out this assessment), past project reports on HRH related projects and other relevant documents) and Certificates to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject, e.g “Human Resources for Health Consultant”.
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.