Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Human Resources (HR) Officer is responsible for managing every aspect of the employment process, including orientation and training new staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports recruitment by posting job ads, shortlisting candidates, co-ordinating interviews and support the overall recruitment and hiring process.
- Supports the documentation, orientation and onboarding of new employees.
- Conducts verification, background and reference check on all employees within seven 7 days of resumption.
- Process payroll, pension and benefits in compliance with policy.
- Implements the vacation calendar and ensure compliance.
- Supports the performance appraisal process and employment confirmation.
- Manages the approved training calendar and co-ordinate training activities.
- Maintains an efficient document management system.
- Maintains updated personnel records.
- Co-ordinate employee enrolment in benefits programs such as health insurance, group life insurance, pension etc.
- Provides assistance and information to employees on HR related matters.
- Maintains an updated HR database.
- Manages exit processes including exit interviews and payments of terminal benefits.
- Co-ordinates all HR events.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing and archive system.
- Liaise with service providers and vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring facility management, including utility operation and maintenance
- Guide and ensure compliance with all local and laws of the Federal legislation.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Implements health and safety standards across the bank.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- HND / B.Sc in Human Resources or Social Sciences.
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC.
- Minimum of four 4 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Prior experience in similar role or capacity
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- A strong working knowledge of employment laws and HR regulatory compliance Skills:
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Aptitude in problem-solving.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills.
- Administrative and managerial skills.
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suit
- Candidate must be willing to resume immediately.
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org usingthe Job Titleas the subject of the mail.