Genius Hub Global Initiative
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Benin City, Edo (Benin residents only)
Employment Type: Full-time
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Human Resource Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide advisory services on a wide range of human resources related matters;
- Assist with the development and implementation of leading HR and organisational strategies in relation to policy development, organizational change and employee relations ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory frameworks and policies;
- Support the recruitment processes (support with the preparation of vacancy announcements, screening of applications (shortlisting), scheduling of interviews, taking interview minutes/notes, keeping records of individual scores and drafting Interview/Selection report);
- Provide orientation and on-boarding to employees (specifically carry out briefing and de-briefing to employees, provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts, human resources policy-related issues as well as social security, insurance and administrative law);
- Update organization charts and staffing tables; draft correspondence, prepare reports and statistics related to human resources as and when appropriate.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance and report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Update confidential personnel information, records, and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records and follow-up on actions to be taken in the system.
- Provide timely and proactive information to employees regarding status of contracts and support with renewal of contracts, appointments, extensions, transfers, and terminations, etc.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data like absences, bonuses, and leaves, also investigating and resolving payment inquiries and to prepare payment instructions accordingly.
- Identify learning and development, preparing training sessions and capacity building activities for both staff and manager across the full spectrum of HR activities.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualification and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related subject and a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in providing HR services especially with NGOS, with a proven track record of innovation and performance on the full range of HR issues. Human Resource certification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a team- environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast and changing environment, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders of diverse cultural and national backgrounds at various levels.
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information.
- Sharing knowledge across the organisation and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
- Very good knowledge of relevant HRIS systems that support completion of HR activities/tasks/processes.
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the role as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.