Job Title: Human Resources Officer – Coordination | Location: Nigeria | Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC). The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119 913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
In 2019, PUI will further develop its integrated approach by adding a WASH component to its comprehensive response.
- Under the supervision of the Deputy HR Co, the HR Officer supports him/her with all HR related tasks and procedures
- S/he supports the human resources management of local employees at the coordination, and supervises the HR assistants and clerks (if relevant).
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Plan and supervise tasks of the teams on a weekly base
- Enable the team members to achieve their duties, by giving them appropriate briefings on their tasks and job description and by reporting any training or logistics needs to the Deputy HR Coordinator
- Ensure an effective dissemination of information between Deputy HR Co and the teams
- Solve team conflicts and ensure team building.
- Update the leave plan for the teams
- With the Deputy HR Coordinator’s support, conduct appraisals every 6 months and define and follow-up objectives for team’s members in order to improve their performance
- With the support of the Deputy HR Co and when delegated, train the HR team on HR components
- Support the Deputy HR Co in the staff’s recruitment process
- Ensure that the team complies with PUI policies and procedures, including security rules
Human Resources and Administrative Follow-up:
- Ensure the compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that HR databases and follow-up tools are updated on a regular base, including but not limited to Payroll, Leaves Follow-up, Recruitment follow up and Organizational Chart
- Follow up of administrative documents and track personnel files deadlines (probation period, appraisals, contracts, amendments, ID cards etc…)
- Ensure that all staff are enrolled in the social and medical covers provided by PUI
- Follow up of attendance, days off and leaves
- Ensure fulfilment of salaries’ process (salary advances, pay slips signatures…)
- Ensure the preparation of contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and the awareness of the employees of contract terms and conditions, internal HR policy and PUI other policies
- For each end of the contract, ensure that the exit process is followed as per written in the ISR
- Support in meeting: preparation, minutes records…etc.
- With the support of the Deputy HR Co and when delegated, will ensure that departments implement HR tools and procedures on a daily basis
- Support Deputy HR Co in ensuring that administrative personnel files are created and that employees’ documents are in accordance with PUI policies and donors requirements
- Supervise the filing and archiving process and ensure the security of physical and digital documents
- Monitor the preparation of HR files for any internal/external audit.
- Ensure that all recruitment done at Coordination level are in compliance with PUI procedures
- When requested, support the managers in the recruitment process (applications shortlisting, interviews etc.)
- Ensure the proper filing of all recruitment files
- When requested, s/he will support other bases in all recruitment processes and ensure they are in compliance with the mission’s recruitment procedure.
- With the support of the HR team in various bases, ensure all new employee’s induction are planned and done on time.
- Support the Deputy HR Co in identifying training needs, work to organize or plan trainings and identifying external training sources.
- In collaboration with the Deputy HR Co, gather the training needs of the various departments in all bases as per the mission’s annual training plan.
- When requested, conduct internal trainings related to HR rules and policies in the mission.
Internal and External Coordination:
- With the support of the Deputy HR Co, enable an effective collaboration with the various departments as well as with the Coordination and other bases
- When requested, participate to external HR working group meetings.
- Assist the Deputy HR Co in developing and maintaining relationships with partner organizations, particularly within the area of coordinating with NGOs as regards administration and human resources.
- Support the Deputy HR Coordinator in ensuring HR coordination at mission level (workshops, regular visits to other bases, monitoring, follow-up, training, etc.)
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her line manager may judge necessary.
Priorities of the Department
- Digitalization of the HR files
- Follow up on the trainings and capacity building of the national staff
- Ensure confidentiality on all HR matters
- follow up on the evaluation/appraisal deadlines for national staff in Coordination
- In collaboration with the Deputy HR Coordinator, ensure the good HR reporting to the concerned department and to coordination
- Education Degree: University Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
- Languages skills: Fluent in English (speaking & writing). Good knowledge of local languages (Hausa / Kanuri… etc.)
- Work experience: Minimum of 1-year experience in any relevant HR position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge and skills
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel.
- Strong motivation to help people in need. Proven working experience in a humanitarian organization.
- Well organized and hard worker
- Ability to take initiative, to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Autonomy, reliability, neutrality
- Good communication skills
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy skills
- Team Management.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply