Procedures and Eligibility
Interested candidates should consult the relevant paragraphs in the PPAL for further information on procedures and eligibility.
Duties and Qualifications
- The network (LAN) is properly maintained.
- ICT incidents are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, and Switches, Patch panels, Access points, to prevent faults occurring.
- Ensure that ICT problem recovery is done as quickly as possible and make regular system back-ups.
- Assist with the installation of the software packages, basic repair/maintenance of computer hardware and telecom equipment.
- Train UNHCR staff on email system, utilization of VHF handhelds, telephone system. Radio communication training to new IP staff and package police in the field.
- Distribute incoming cables, messages and other communication in accordance with established instructions.
- Add and remove users from the Networks.
- Maintain the inventory of ICT equipment and keep track of movements of ICT equipment.
- Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- May attend telephone calls and keep records of such calls.
- Carry out administrative duties, within the area of competence as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents.
- Escalate incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level.
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/ certificate in Telecommunication and Information Technology.
- Minimum 3 years of previous relevant experience in the ICT field.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- In office where the working language is not English, very good knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Knowledge of English is mandatory
A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy on Fast Track is 00:00 Hrs, Friday 27 March 2020