Job Title: ICT Assistant | Christian Aid (CA) | Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 3 months
Reports to: ICT Officer
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
- To implement, support and maintain Christian Aid’s IT Systems and to be responsible for the majority of CAs Network infrastructure from core Microsoft Windows Servers to IP Telephony systems etc.
- This role will be accountable for improving CA’s IT functionality by proposing and recommending the adoption of new technology and new strategies for the organisation in consultation with ICT Officer. To support ICT services provided to multiple offices within Nigeria.
- This role works within the Business Systems Unit and reports to the ICT Officer as part of the International ICT Operations team within ICT Services Division. The role provides support to staff in the designated country where Christian Aid has multiple offices and ensures all office infrastructure and equipment are managed in compliance with Christian Aid standards
- All offices within the Humanitarian programme and the country programme by extension have and maintain ICT infrastructure necessary for Christian Aid’s work.
- All equipment used by Christian Aid are managed and maintained in compliance with CA standards and ICT policy.
- Local management and staff are consulted and kept up to date with changes to infrastructure, and new developments rolled out by ICT Services.
- ICT Services is kept informed of changes in local requirements.
- Provide trainings and capacity building for Christian Aid staff as may be required
- Managing the work of Local ICT Service contractors. Managing the service from ISPs. Negotiating with local service providers for third party support and fulfilling of existing commitments.
- Providing support to staff on a daily basis. Receiving guidance from ICT Officer and International ICT Team. Responding to requirements from Business Systems Manager and Unit as well as all Local staff.
- Carries out support and implementation work as directed by International ICT Team and ICT Officer but must be capable of acting on own initiative within agreed policy and standards.
- Must be able to respond to calls and enquiries and determine the most appropriate solution within agreed procedures and ISD principles.
- Recommends locally obtainable equipment when required. Implements ICT aspects of managing existing offices and implementing new sub-offices, such as network cabling, identification of potential ISP, power requirements and recommendations, IoT integration amongst others
- Applies intermediate and possibly specialist and detailed technical expertise to ICT problems affecting individuals or a whole office and finding effective workarounds. Working with other members of the team to diagnose root causes of problems and develop solutions
Developing self and others:
- Continuously look for opportunities for self-development. Works to maintain and extend skillset through ongoing professional development. Shares knowledge with others. Willing and able to learn from colleagues and experience.
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or its equivalent
- A+ Certification Hardware and Software Skills or equivalent skillset
- Network+ or equivalent skillset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Good written communication and record-keeping
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking sufficient to implement and troubleshoot small networks.
- Support Skills in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Power systems, Communication systems and Electrical systems
- Fluent in English and local language is essential.
- MS Certification in Basic Administration of Windows desktop operating systems
IT competency required:
LEVEL 1: You are expected to be able to:
- Work in a reliable, helpful and cooperative way with all colleagues and provide help to others without needing to be asked.
- Willingly participate in teamwork and contribute ideas, including those that may be beyond your own or your team’s role.
- Keep others informed about what is going on in your own work area.
- Treat everyone with courteousness, dignity and respect, accepting that people are different and have different views.
- Act and behave consistently with what you say.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Pass on a clear message or information promptly and accurately.
- Ask additional questions to clarify when needed.
- Explain things simply and in a different way if someone appears not to have understood.
- Be aware of how your actions and words impact on others and adapt if necessary.
- Use resources economically, whether these are Christian Aid resources or wider environmental resources.
- Recognise that time is a resource and take responsibility for managing your time effectively.
- Agree your work plan, keep track of your own progress and keep others informed.
- Check the quality of your own work and deliver to expectations.
- Seek clarification and support from your manager when needed and to ensure appropriate signoff.
- Respond promptly to the requests of others, seeking guidance on priorities and workload when needed.
- Consider the consequences of your actions, including the impact on your work and colleagues.
- Take personal responsibility for your actions.
- Question and ask for information and advice to address your own knowledge and skills gaps in order to learn.
- Regularly ask for and act on feedback on own performance.
- Assist others by showing how to complete tasks.
- Demonstrate concern for the wellbeing of others.
- Act and behave consistently in line with Christian Aid’s values.
Strive for improvement:
- Demonstrate openness to change.
- Respond quickly and helpfully to new initiatives.
- Find ways to make improvements in your work.
- Show initiative when faced with problems.
- Willingly share knowledge and information that may help others.
Salary (Full time)
N3,187,627 per annum.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2020.
30th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply