Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
- The ICT Officer reports directly to the Head of Information and Technology, the ICT Officer will contribute to the availability of Cedarcrest Hospitals information and communication systems by providing technical support to end-users and internally.
- The incumbent will be responsible for gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, and writing code in various languages, like Java, Ruby on Rails, or .NET programming languages (e.g. C++ or Jscript.NET). Working with respective departments to ensure delivery of a high-quality reliable service.
- The ICT Officer will be responsible for; executing full lifecycle software development, programming well-designed, testable and efficient code, work with respective departments to ensure delivery of a high-quality reliable service, build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design and producing specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Provides first-level technical support to Cedarcrest Hospitals computers, telecommunication, and audio-visual users.
- Provides technical support necessary for the delivery of key projects and initiatives through testing, configuration, and other commissioning tasks.
- Provides instruction in the correct use of Cedarcrest Hospital information and communication systems through end-user training.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Cedarcrest Hospitals information systems through the monitoring of data backup, anti-virus updates, security updates, secondary power systems, redundant and perimeter defence systems.
- Monitor appropriate usage of Cedarcrest Hospitals ICT resources and end-users compliance with the hospital’s electronic communication policies.
- Carry out routine preventative maintenance tasks as assigned. This may include the maintenance of servers, active equipment, and other back-office systems.
- Perform network administration tasks as assigned. This may include the maintenance of user accounts, access rights, mailboxes, and other shared resources.
- Maintain Cedarcrest Hospitals corporate Intranet and Internet sites.
- Maintains Cedarcrest Hospitals documentation, including configuring and deploy new client-side and back-office hardware and software systems.
- Keep abreast of information technology evolution so that any new technologies adopted by Cedarcrest Hospitals are implemented and supported.
- Maintain own skill levels through on-going training and education.
- Fully participate in the departmentТs team-based methods of working.
- Execute the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems.
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
- Ensure software is updated with the latest features.
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the ICT field.
- Experience in strategic ICT development.
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer an added advantage.
- Expertise in Data Analytics/Informatics.
- Ability to understand business needs, with a broad awareness of operational, application, and systems considerations.
- Experience in designing interactive applications.
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, and Spring MVC).
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.