Ikore International Jobs in Nigeria [2 new vacancies]
Ikore, meaning “harvest” in Yoruba language, is an international development organization, proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities. In the Agricultural Sector, we facilitate inclusive market growth by deploying strategies that promote value chain competitiveness and build resilient communities, ensuring bumper harvest for rural poor farmers in those communities.
Our very dynamic and innovative workforce/people have experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa. Our people work collectively with host communities to design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
Job Vacancies at Ikore International Development Limited
July 2022. Project Manager.
About the Programme
- Ikore currently has several projects offering innovative solutions that drive social and enterprise development in the agricultural space. These programs include:
- Crop production
- Rural entrepreneurship
- Animal Health and Livestock
- E-extension services
- These programs use market systems approach, value chain development approach, gender and youth development considerations, capacity building and climate smart thinking.
- Our expertise is in Development Consulting, Research, Business Advisory and Enterprise Development across various sectors, using multiple approaches and covering several components. We facilitate market inclusion for improved productivity and a bumper harvest through capacity building, business model/strategy advisory, market linkages, social enterprises, and research.
- We seek to employ dynamic and innovative persons who have experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa. Someone who can work collectively with host communities, design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- As a project manager, you will be required to manage your team and oversee the implementation of all projects, your direct supervisors being the Managing Partners.
The Project Manager will:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of Ikore.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals, developing a budget and operating plan for the project.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including farmer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of project status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyse, evaluate, and overcome project risks, resource management and produce project reports for management and stakeholders.
- Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies.
- Liaise with international and local partners on all projects and interventions.
- Develop and implement project initiatives to improve existing technical and methodological solutions and assess their suitability for up and our scaling.
- Liaise with in-house technical teams, project partners, ICT solution providers and technical experts on sustainable solutions for the agriculture sector.
- Supervise the testing and evaluation of new and currently implemented concepts and solutions.
- Chart proper directions for the commercial sustainability (i.e., business model) of all ongoing projects.
- Supervise research tasks and review collated data, reports and analyses for consultancy projects.
- Organise various trainings, workshops, project activities and other events.
- Develop and implement capacity building measures for local administrations through trainings and workshops.
- Initiate and maintain good, diplomatic working relationships with all partner agencies, consultants, stakeholders, and international and local donors.
General Obligations of the Project Manager:
- The Project Manager is expected to familiarize his/herself with all components of Ikore’s projects. These include concepts, status of implementation, corresponding experts, and staff.
- The Project Manager will represent Ikore International and its projects and for all intents and purposes, act on its behalf.
- The Project Manager is expected to create confidence in all relations with members of staff.
- The Project Manager will be expected to perform other tasks and duties at the request of the Management.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Development Studies or related field.
- Professional Experience and other competences.
- 5+ years in an advanced management role (preference will be given to those with project management experience).
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Strategical and analytical thinker, can grasp new concepts rapidly and prioritize key topics
- Dedicated, reliable team player with good diplomatic and intercultural skills and a sound awareness of gender issues.
- Advanced writing (proposal writing preferred), communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proficiency in project tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Readiness to travel.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Motivation Letter as one document with complete contact details via email to: [email protected] using the Vacancy Number as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed, and online interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.