Latest careers and jobs at iMMAPl in NigeriaSeptember 24, 2023
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
View Latest Jobs at iMMAPl
Job Title: Communications Assistant | Location: Abuja | Type: Full Time | Status: National Employee | iMMAP
- The main purpose of the position is to produce iMMAP Nigeria office’s internal and external communication materials (Social Media posts, Newsletters, Project Snapshots, etc.) and support iMMAP Global Communication Task Force.
- The Communications Officer will be based in Abuja and may be required to travel to other duty stations in Nigeria.
Description of Duties
- The communications Assistant (CA) assumes the responsibility for supporting in planning, developing and implementing communication strategies to promote iMMAPs’ programmes.
- Assist in the production of Nigeria annual report
- Produce and update iMMAP Nigeria Project Snapshots
- Produce and update relevant Capability Statements
- Produce regular Social Media posts as defined in the Global communication strategy
- Produce a monthly sletter for external partners showcasing iMMAP capabilities and achievements
- Produce other communication materials as required (photos, videos, etc.).
- Provide support for global or regional communications campaigns
- Keep country mailing lists updated and segmented
- Identify, propose, and lead the development of communications opportunities and media- related that can be employed to promote the work of the organization and maximize its awareness within the wider humanitarian and development community in Nigeria.
- Actively contributing in examining the work of iMMAP in country to assess the communication capacity of the organisation and its various programs and projects, and determine communication requirements (internal and external) that must be met to support the organization’s goals;
- Assist in identify and detail approaches for fulfilling iMMAP’s communication requirements in country in a comprehensive and coordinated strategy that best promotes its programmes and mission;
- Assist in development of media related products including print, electronic, and online that can be employed to promote the work of the organisation and maximise its awareness within the wider humanitarian community;
- Assist in develop a monitoring and evaluation system to facilitate the measurement of the impact and efficiency of the implemented communications strategy;
- Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP project team with partners, and participate in local community activities;
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP regional officers and staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the general public;
- Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
- Serve as contributor of information regarding the country program to the communications and outreach manager in HQ.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the communications and outreach manager in HQ on various projects as needed.
- Serve as contributor on iMMAP social media pages for the country related content.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Mass Communication, Journalism, or related fields from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 1 year experience in communication, public relations, advertising, communication analysis & planning, social development communication, marketing;
- Basic knowledge of the UN cluster system and how it operates
- Communication, written, oral, and visual – The ability to convey information to technical and non-technical people in the most appropriate manner fitting the audience.
- Experience in Adobe suites is highly desirable.
- Experience in photography is desirable.
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organisations while upholding humanitarian principles of impartiality and neutrality.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.