Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) }| Job Title: IMPACT Recruiter | Location: TRUST Clinic, Abuja
Job type: Full Time
Employment type: Monday through Friday. This is a 1-year contract position, with up to 5 years renewal
The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
- The Integrated Model for the Prevention of Anal Cancer using screen and Treat for HSIL (IMPACT) is a research study that will be advancing anal cancer screening among sexual and gender minorities living with HIV in Nigeria.
- Through the IMPACT study, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the following positon.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Explain the purpose and nature of the study to new participants interested in joining the study.
- Assess participants’ understanding of the study including the nature of visits and samples to be collected.
- Answer participants’ questions and obtain written informed consent for participation in the study. For Hausa speakers who do not understand English, translate the study informed consent.
- Enroll eligible clients into the study using study tablet.
- Virtual communication with client for enrollment booking, and schedule study visits.
- Answer any other questions that the client may have or refer to the senior recruiter or site manager.
- Escort participants to the interviewer.
- Work with TRUST Senior recruiter to review progress in scheduling, follow-up clients for next study visits, and ensure completion of weekly goals on enrollment.
- Participate in the local and HQ weekly meetings.
- Submit weekly report to site manager.
- BS Degree in a Health-related field/discipline is preferable
- Two or more years working with networks of hard-to-reach populations
- Previous experience maintaining confidentiality and assisting with situations that may require discretion.
- Prior experience working with HIV/AIDS
- Prior experience maintaining patient engagement with routine care is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills in English and Hausa.
- Ability to maintain close working relationship with staff and clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate and explain research studies so that the content material is easily understood.
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and prior experience working with Tablets.
- Hiring Range:Commensurate with education and experience. Salary is contingent on grant funding.
- Reporting: Will report to the Site Manager of the Trust Clinic and the Principal Investigators of the IMPACT study.
Application Closing Date
1st February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: email@example.com
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IHVN is an equal employment employer.