Job Title: In-House Copywriter | Location: Lagos |3101 Media Limited
Start Date: Immediate.
Working Hours: Mondays – Fridays, 9am – 5pm.
3101 Media Limited, a media and public relations company, in the business of providing media, branding and public relations services in Nigeria.
- At 3101 Media, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking to hire a dependable creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills as our full-time, in-house copywriter.
- He/she will write and edit copy on a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the accounts and design team to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging.
- Thorough research and interviews will be required to understand each client’s industry, products/services, branding, and marketing goals. The successful candidate is expected to help define brand voice and ensure that all copies are consistent. Must be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Interpreting account briefs
- Researching clients their competitors and the target audience
- Producing original, clear, and credible ideas/messages/scripts, and presenting these to clients and colleagues
- Write copies for a variety of media including social, print, emailers, radio, and tv.
- Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs.
- Collaborate with the team; creative, product, media, and designer to assess project needs and help with messaging.
- Creation of content calendars, pitch decks, proposals, etc.
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts.
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications.
- Produce error-free content and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Stay current on trends and competitors within the editorial sphere.
- See projects through the whole creative lifestyle, from inception to deployment.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects within short deadlines.
- Write high-engagement social media content that reflects the brand’s voice.
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking on all copies.
- Works closely with in-house researchers to create production content for the company.
- Monitoring campaign effectiveness.
- Updating and amending campaigns according to feedback.
- Writing reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications.
- 3-5 years experience in content marketing or copywriting, preferably with an agency.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications – including word, excel, PowerPoint, communicator, and outlook.
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus.
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually.
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail and appreciation of great design, language, flow, and grammar.
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print, and broadcast channels.
- Exceptional skills with the nuances of social media writing including the use of hashtags, emojis, and acronyms.
- Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice.
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred.
- Excellent portfolio of work.
- Highly creative, imaginative to produce innovative and original ideas.
- Must have an interest in popular culture, new advertising trends, and techniques.
- Must be able to work well in a team.
Application Closing Date
9th April, 2021.
Tuesday, 6th – Friday, 9th April 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.