Title: Information Technology (IT) Administrator | Location: Lagos | Sailor’s Lounge
Reports to: General Manager
Sailor’s Lounge is a fully furnished, relaxed & adventurous lounge with the ambience of a sea view that compliments the atmosphere for unwinding, business networking and water view.
Summary (Essential Functions)
- Responsible for the installation and updating of the hotel’s computer hardware and software and the maintenance and operation of its network infrastructure and website.
- Maintains the various computer systems and software packages used by the hotel.
- Maintains the hotel’s website and cable system.
- Manages the transition from one computer system to a next generation system.
- Works with department heads to maintain and update the point-of-sale (POS) systems.
- Works with department heads to assess computer hardware and software requirements.
- Maintains the telephone system.
- Works with committees on computer, website and security access issues.
- Meets with General Manager to formulate information technology strategies, communicate problems and solutions and share related information.
- Conducts basic computer training for employees.
- Documents all system processes, procedures and operations and maintains up-to-date system operations manuals.
- Prepares annual budget for information technology operations.
- Ensures that all data and programs are regularly backed-up.
- Performs preventive maintenance on computer hardware.
- Makes simple repairs on computer hardware or sends equipment out for repair.
- Serves as a “help desk” for Microsoft Office, Accounting software, and other applications.
- Troubleshoots application software malfunctions and deals with software company’s technical support personnel to resolve malfunctions.
- Adds new users to Windows Server, Exchange Mail Server and Accounting software.
- Coordinates with software vendors to implement and integrate software modules.
- Assists GM and other department heads with ad hoc MIS projects such as data extraction, data analysis and report writing.
- Attends internal department and staff meetings.
- Works with department heads to determine their Web needs.
- Maintains an updated system for network security including firewalls.
- Performs other appropriate tasks as assigned by the General Manager.
- Licenses and Special Permits
- Certified Hospitality Technology Professional.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 30 kilograms.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience gained through increasingly responsible management and technical positions within Hospitality Informational Technology.
- Project management experience required.
Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
- Must possess a strong technical base.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Possesses knowledge of hotel organizational structure, workflow, processes and operating procedures.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Experience with resort/hotel property management systems a plus.
- Familiarity with workstation and database networking operations.
- Ensures the confidentiality and reliability of hotel data and proprietary information.
- Knowledge and ability to perform the required role in emergency situations.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the ” title” as subject of the email.