The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Position: Information Technology Application Assistant
Contract: 3-year renewable contract Location: Ibadan
• Deploy applications to end-users such Enterprise Resource Packages (ERP)
including related add-ons;
• Adopt Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practice in handling
incidents or requests to the ServiceDesk via telephone, email, or end-user portal
• Perform small-scale custom application programming/improvement/bug fixing,
and occasionally revise database replication and design;
• Troubleshoot both technical and operational related issues from end-users
• Assist users on functional matters related to the applications, notably ERPs related
to travel management, vehicle request and annual employee appraisal system;
• Provide functional/configuration related support on SharePoint related solutions;
• Perform general system software maintenance and upgrade;
• Test fixes to ensure incident has been adequately resolved and thereafter develop
knowledge base articles for end users;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
BSc/HND in computer science or similar or related field with a minimum of three (3)
years’ experience performing similar or related in a well-structured organization.
Experience on ERP’s will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must have:
Good knowledge of most common programming languages with good customer support orientation.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Closing Date: 20 February 2021