Title: Information Technology (IT) Officer | Location: Abuja
Career Category: Information and Communications Technology
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The Information Technology Officer (IT) is expected to monitor and maintain all Jhpiego information technology systems and equipment both in Abuja and in the field offices.
- S / he will support and increase the use of information and communication technologies in Jhpiego’s program activities including designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting appropriate and cost-effective information and communication technologies to facilitate information flow among stakeholders and support learning approaches.
- The IT Officer will provide assistance, mentoring and capacity building at the individual and organizational level in specific areas of expertise including but not limited to: mobile technology related to the improvement of health services management and quality improvement of health services.
- S / he will coordinate the deployment of data systems and work with staff to test and use social networks to promote better accountability, including development of hotlines for management of pregnancy related complications.
- The ITO will build staff capacity to manage and maintain ICT applications and systems, manage social media, mobile and Web content.
- S / he will work with technical staff to design, develop and provide computer and web-based educational and training services and track usage of such services.
- Conduct or lead, in collaboration with other team members, any training, meetings or workshops held for the planning, design, implementation or evaluation of information and communication technologies for program activities
- Collaborate with team members to ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation of project information and communication technology activities, including provision of input into appropriate logical framework and indicator development
- Other duties as necessary and as assigned.
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated IT development and IT implementation or Enterprise systems administration experience
- Knowledge of Networking design and implementation.
- Installation and configuration and maintenance of Radio and VSAT equipment and servers.
- Has experience in developing and/or implementing backup systems for organizations
- Experience in managing cloud-based systems
- Experience in maintenance and repair of computer systems and servers.
- Experience in planning and expansion of network.
- Experience in database system design, testing, and trouble shooting
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “IT Officer” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer