Title: Information Technology (IT) Specialist | The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) | Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Type: Full Time
The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- The IT Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the installation, usage, and maintenance of the office IT system,
- Will support the Information Communication Technology for Development component of the project along with the project strategic information team
- Manages the IT unit and all organisations IT equipment set ups and maintenance as well as conductfirst level troubleshooting of issues with organisations IT system.
- S/He will manage installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone, using application or in person
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required
- Liaise with procurement to procure high-speed, durable computers and assisted software for the project team when required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Support the roll-out of new applications developed
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and create new passwords
- Manage IT setup for the proposed situation room,
- Test and evaluate new technology and recommend for use to support project management, performance tracking and service delivery monitoring
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Responsible for IT inventory; work closely with the grants and compliance team and procurement team to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment among CSO partners and perform a quarterly inventory and use optimization check-up
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates
- Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed up data
- Provide the delivery team with the domain knowledge support to facilitate effective use of IT solution to meet program service requests
- Works with users to elicit high-level requirements and capture needs to create a more user-friendly solution.
- Clearly articulates and documents functional requirements in a form of Standard Operating Procedure
- Review Requirements/Request, Problems Statement and Business Functional Requirements (BFR) to ascertain effectiveness of the IT solution
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: All program staff, Administration and finance team
- External: CSO Partners
Agency-Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications or related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and SharePoint is required.
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in similar role
- Knowledge and experience in basic hardware (how hardware works), operating systems (like Windows Server and Window Application) and training on other applications.
- Ability to solve some of the hardware problems on their own and provide good support on applications to the users (job specific).
- Comfortable with data handling! management and excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with IT packages necessary for public health will be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task
- CCCRN is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Cross River and Akwa Ibom.
Application Closing Date
Midnight; 15th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MsWord document) to: [email protected] Using the ” Title” as the subject of the mail.
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.