Job Title: Internal Audit, Control & Risk Officer
- We are looking for someone who will be responsible for driving risk management strategy and for implementing the risk management and internal control framework of the club.
- Shall be responsible for conducting internal operational and compliance audit reviews.
- The Officer shall strike a balance between supporting the business in enterprise value creation and defining control mechanisms, thereby, enabling the business to balance risks and rewards.
- Participate in corporate strategy setting and definition of the overall business plan.
- Define and communicate the risk management and internal audit vision.
- Lead the formulation of the Club’s risk appetite statement, thresholds, and limits.
- Define and implement appropriate risk management framework, along with supporting policies, methodologies, tools, and procedures.
- Adopt an enterprise-wide approach to risk management, to understand and manage the risk profile of the company and of its individual parts.
- Facilitate enterprise risk assessments and monitor the club’s ability to manage its priority risks.
- Continuous evaluation and monitoring of the impact of change (changing corporate position, external business environment) and emergent risk factors on the club’s risk profile.
- Provide business areas and heads of departments with insights that would enhance business decisions.
- Constructive Senior Management and Board engagement, in order to achieve risk visibility and discussions of critical risk issues at the Board.
- Facilitate the formulation of new procedures and organizational changes as may be required
- Develop and ensure full implementation of a flexible risk-based annual internal audit plan using risk-based support models and methodologies.
- Define risk and audit programs and testing procedures to ensure activities conform to industry regulations, corporate policies, and other standards.
- Carry out independent evaluations and appraisals of the effectiveness of the internal policies, rules, and procedures.
- Perform special analyses and reviews, including compliance, instances of alleged fraud, and unethical misconduct.
- Carry out a review of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
Qualification and Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent) in Business, Accounting, or another Finance-related discipline.
- Must have 8 – 10 years of professional experience, with 5 years of experience in a similar role
- A good understanding of financial statements and the interrelationship of the different components, including an understanding of the capital structure and financial indicators.
- Sound understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business, and operational risk, and control processes and procedures
- Sound negotiation skills.
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills.
- Ability to influence, and drive change management across the organization.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and oral.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong organization-building skills, including the ability to attract and develop new talent and to develop linkages with the club’s different divisions and functions.
- Ability to exercise professional skepticism
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.