Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
- Ensure internal systems and business processes are compliant with all statutory rules and internal policies.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Interface with the business units to ensure controls are fully embedded in the design of all business processes and systems.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document the process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Perform spot checks and periodic audit reviews of the established internal control system to ensure the continuous integrity of the control system and propose value-added recommendations to improve the system.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow-up audits to monitor Management’s interventions
- Support the engagement of all stakeholders with knowledge sharing/information regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Qualifications / Experience / Key Competencies
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting or related fields plus ICAN or ACCA.
- Minimum of 4 years experience. (Experience in an Audit firm is a plus).
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online