Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Ref Id: sfh-79966
Job Type: Full-time
- This position will be responsible for carrying out the audit review of SFH HQ Departments and SFH Projects.
- The Internal Audit Officer must possess in-depth knowledge and capabilities to be able to execute audit assignments whilst using a systematic approach to examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of organisation’s risk management processes, internal control systems and recommend corrective actions, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs where possible.
- The role requires the holder to be readily available for travels to field offices within Nigeria.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Review financial activities of the project to ensure compliance to contract terms, donor rules and regulations.
- S/He will audit field offices to ensure compliance to policies and complete documentation relating to the donor policies.
- S/He will conduct a semi-annual review of operations to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as per SFH and donor rules on financial reporting, procurement, payroll, etc.
- S/He will assist in the mid-year and annual stock count and fixed asset count.
- S/He will investigate any fraud-related issues.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Accounting or any related field of study.
- Must have three (3) years experience in internal audit, compliance, or related functions in the NGO sector.
- Registered membership of ACA or ACCA or any other related professional body will be an added advantage.
- Possession of an I.T audit related certification will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies required:
- Analytical Skills and IT audit knowledge.
- Knowledge of Risk-based/Policy-based, Agile Audit and financial audit and controls.
- Knowledge of Risk Management, IT audit, investigation, audit analytical tool and ERP.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities (frauds, IIA standards etc).
- Good team spirit, goal oriented and target focused.
- Good command of English language communication and presentation skills.
- Good initiative, analytical thinking and strategic focus.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.