Established in 2006, Accion MfB Limited began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria.Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion MfB our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria
- Supervise and or conduct periodic reviews of the corporate departments and submit of reports on same in accordance with the approved audit plan, policies, processes and audit manuals.
- Coordinate the planned audits to ensure targets as met as intended.
- Advise on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls over those activities based on levels of exceptions observed in the periodic audits.
- Participate in the periodic external or internal/on the job-trainings of the bank.
- Carry out special investigation as may be directed by the HOD and management.
- Provide assistance to external auditors and the regulatory bodies as requested.
- Special duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Carry out fixed asset and stock of stationery review of the bank for cost control or reduction.
- Review of compliance to the bank?s policies and regulatory guidelines
- Conduct periodic spot check on branches and departments and submit report on the exercise.
- Follow-up to determine compliance with audit recommendations and adequacy of corrective actions.
- Supervise and support members in audit team during and after audit exercise.
- Ensure efficiency and high quality work in audit exercises.
- Ensure that the unit maintains up-to-date and accurate records of audit reports and performance evaluations.
- Prepare and deliver timely reports an updates to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Participate in the periodic review of audit manual/program.
- Carry out periodic or annual performance appraisals of assigned staff.
- Mentor, coach, train and hand hold staff under his supervision.
Qualification & Experiences
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Direct experience in Audit and Compliance required. Good knowledge in auditing plus a thorough understanding of Microfinance Bank business and accounting practices. Audit experience in financial service sector is preferable
- Bachelor?s degree or its equivalent in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related area of study and a Professional Certification in Accountancy Profession.
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Deadline oriented. Dependability, requiring minimum supervision.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Excellent communication skills ? written and spoken.
- Languages: English required.
Application Closing Date
October 20, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply