Title: Internal Control & Auditor | Location: Yaba, Lagos
Type: Full-time | MKOBO Microfinance Bank
MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline
- Establish risk-based audit programs
- Perform and report monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliation reviews
- Perform and report monthly review of key financial and operational controls
- Carry out and report on ethics-related cases and other investigations as instructed by management
- Monthly follow-up and quarterly update of Internal Audit log tracker
- Perform and report tasks as may be stipulated by the MD.
- Determine the scope of review in conjunction with the MD
- Review the suitability of internal control design
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize, and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan.
- Conduct risk assessment of all departments.
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the MD and Board of Directors and provide recommendations for improving operations.
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education of staff development and operational best practices.
- Review the responses to external audit management letter query to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures.
- Evaluate regulatory compliance program.
- All other duties as reasonably requested.
- Minimum of a BSc in Accounting / Finance.
- Previous experience in an MFB or financial services
- Minimum of three years working experience in audit and/or internal control functions.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations
- Be a member of ICAN/ACCA/CIA as a minimum
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytic skills.
- Critical thinking and advisory skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply