Job Title: Internal Control Manager | UK-Dion Investment Limited | Location: Lekki, Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
- The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for designing, documenting, implementing, assessing, and monitoring the internal control framework of the Group while ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Define the strategic direction for the internal control function which aligns with the overall strategic goals of the company
- Investigate all cases of non-compliance of internal policies and procedures and external regulatory standards and make recommendations to Management
- Ensure that the company has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting and operational processes
- Conduct regular audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, including assessing and appraising the company’s operational procedures and compliance with policies and regulations
- Coordinate investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the company and recommend the appropriate line of action
- Responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory, and audit related reviews as well as ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate prompt communication, documentation and escalation to Management
- Put in place policies and standard operating procedures across the entire operations of the company
- Conduct a daily review/check of posting done by account team to facilitate early detection of errors
- Ensure that all statutory deductions and taxes are remitted as and when due
- Conduct a monthly review of bank charges in order to ensure early detection and to ensure that wrong charges are immediately reversed by banks
- Ensure a continuous review of processes in order to ensure that inherent process gaps that could lead to error and fraud are closed out immediately once noticed
- Conduct regular check and ensure there are no wastages and leakages in admin and procurement transactions across the company
- Conduct regular fixed assets verifications, Staff Audit, and others.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance related discipline
- Minimum of 7 – 8 years of Cognate experience in similar role
- Membership of a relevant professional body like the ACCA, ACA, CISA or a relevant post graduate degree is desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Proven understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Hands-on experience in the establishment and operation of internal control mechanisms
- Experience in process evaluation as well as documentation of internal policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of accounting, finance and risk management, including the interpretation financial and other records
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in auditing; internal audit standards, ethics and fraud awareness
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Experience in recommending results/corrective actions
- Experience in deploying technology and systems to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control process
- Excellent leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics and high level of integrity
- Ability to work independently and with very limited supervision
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities
- High attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.