Title: Internal Control Officer | Location: Lagos | Alan & Grant
Type: Full Time
Industry: Financial Services
Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
- The Job holder will work in the Internal Control unit of the company, and will be responsible for reviewing the financial, procurement and inventory transactions to ensure compliance, correctness, accuracy, genuineness and economy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing control and mechanisms to ensuring revenue assurance
- Conduct pre and post payment audit exercise
- Reviewing procurement and inventory management processes
- Reviewing banks/receivables/payables reconciliation
- Examining company’s recurring and non-recurring expenditure, and financial control systems
- Identifying faulty processes and procedures, and advice on adjustments.
- Inspecting accounting records and systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance
- Reviewing and verifying of monthly payrolls.
- Reviewing depots’ inventory and financial transactions
- Ensuring prompt and effective call over of depots’ transactions
- Monitoring of routine inventory counts
- Ensuring adequacy of controls over the company’s assets
- Train staff on critical risk management techniques (standard risk analysis techniques, crisis management, project management, internal investigations)
- Provide regular monitoring and reporting of financial risk to management
- Ensure full compliance to local regulatory laws and edicts governing corporate Nigeria.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Economics or any Social Science related field
- Professional Certification; ICAN, ACCA, CISA, CIA
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant audit experience in a financial institution or external audit firm
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Analytical and Auditing Skills
- Moderate Negotiation and IT Skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply