Job Title: Internal Control Officer (MFB) | Location: Lagos Island, Lagos | Edge Recruiter Nigeria – Lagos
To review all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements by advising, coaching and facilitating in order to not undermine the responsibility of management.
- Evaluates the Internal Control system in the Company and recommending improvements / changes where and when necessary.
- The Internal Control Officer would conduct various operational/technical reviews in line with agreed audit plan.
- Provision of audit reports with recommendations to management on all audit assignments.
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations that could have significant impact on operations and reports, and determining whether the organization is in compliance.
- Conduct quarterly Branch Audit exercise on assigned region in line with the agreed performance contract and other special investigations determined by Management.
- Develop relevant audit programmes in line with specific audit objectives and risk analysis.
- Conduct periodic review of underwriting and claims operations and procedures.
- The Audit/Internal Control Officer would conduct daily prepayment checks and vouching of all payments and other capital or overheads requests.
- Documenting and making reports of identified control issues discovered in the course of the vetting process and how they were resolved.
- Responsible for conducting value for money audit on major capital expenditures and projects.
- Tertiary degree in Banking and Finance, Economics or any social science related field
- Professional Certification; ICAN, ACCA, CISA, CIA etc
- A minimum of 3-4years’ relevant audit experience in a financial institution or external audit firm.
- Experience in basic accounting and insurance software applications etc.
- Very Good Communication skills (English): Spoken and written
- Advanced Analytical Skills
- Very Good IT skills
- Very Good Report Writing
- Moderate Negotiation Skills
- Very Good Presentation skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://jobs.erecruiterafrica.com/recruit/PortalDetail