Job Title: Interviewer | Ref: STS2020 – 002 | International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Location: 6 Geo-Political Zones
Recruitment Type: National (Short-term Contract)
Duration: December 2020 – June 2021
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
- Obtain verbal or written consent before commencing the interview.
- Collect data and biomarker samples from respondents.
- Synchronize data collected regularly by connecting to the dashboard through the internet.
- Study the SOPs and questionnaire to collect quality data.
- Follow the interview instructions from the training to obtain high quality data.
- Maintain good quality data collection as much as possible by diligent work, strictly following standard procedures in conducting the interviews and recording answers, and by professional conduct.
- Provide daily progress update to the field supervisor.
- Bachelor’s in Medicine (Health Science), Laboratory Science / Technology, Human Nutrition, or Nursing.
- An employee of state or federal government with above qualifications can also apply.
- Experience in surveys and data collection in public health is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in using tablet-based data collection
- Have familiarity working in rural Nigeria
- Be fluent in English and at least one local language spoken in the assigned zone are required.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor or professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.