Job Title: Inventory Control Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform counts and ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported according to company policy.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand.
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventories.
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity.
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis.
- Lead others in safe work practices, especially when in a distribution centre environment
- Monitor delivery schedule and customer orders.
- Place and receive orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- File claims when defective products are discovered.
- Coordinate with customer service and logistics departments
- Check date-sensitive products for expiration and facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed.
- Perform process and system testing and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity, productivity, and efficiency.
- Maintenance of finished product storage view
- Excellent trouble shooting skills on inventory discrepancy.
- Solving critical shipment / Receiving issue
- Raise system adjustment for finished product discrepancy.
- Identify and report on frequent issues that create inventory discrepancies and suggest corrective actions to be implemented to avoid re occurrences of the problems.
- Compile, maintain and analyse inventory reports.
- Shipment posting knowledge.
- FP receiving knowledge.
- Understands internal controls related to inventory management.
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned.
- Candidate should possess an HND / B.Sc / M.Sc / MBA
- 2 – 4 years experience in inventory management and control role
- Must have completed the NYSC program
- Proficiency in Excel and PPT presentations.
- Excellent use of inventory management tools
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Good organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Good mathematical and numerical skills
- Good command of the English language and MS Office tools.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.