Job Title: Investment Analyst, Africa | Seedstars | Location: Lagos, Nigeria | Contracted: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
About the Programs Team
- The Programs team alongside Lab, Incubation, and Investments is a central squad at Seedstars. The Programs team’s key activity is to provide enterprise support through the execution of structured programs to make sure entrepreneurs have the knowledge, network, and services to scale. The Programs team operates as a critical revenue generator for Seedstars by developing tailored solutions to address unique challenges faced by startups and entrepreneurs around the globe.
- The Program squad is the fastest growing business unit in Seedstars and is composed of a Head of Global Programs, a Regional Partnership Manager, a Global Startup Growth Lead, eight full time Program Managers, three Program Management Contractors and four local Entrepreneur in Residences and Innovation Experts. The team works in close collaboration with many business units throughout the group, including Partnerships, and Finance.
About the Job
- We are now hiring an investment Analyst to join an exciting project which aims to support enterprises across Africa. Your main objective will be to lead the investment-related activities of the project which is to assess the deal-flow and set-up the overall capital needs for each enterprise (grant, investment, loans). This role can be done remotely. Preference given to candidates based in Africa.
- You will take the lead in Sourcing, Screening and Selection of deal-flow (remotely).
- You will lead the due-diligence of ventures (remotely).
- You will assess the capital needs for ventures (loans, grants, venture capital)
- You will set up a work-plan for entrepreneurs based on their investment profile
- You will be responsible for tracking startup specific KPI’s and progress throughout the acceleration program.
- Your Mindset:
- You have a passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets and in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation
- You have a strong belief in getting things done – You have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- Your Experience:
- You have investment analyst experience in Africa
- Startup Investment expertise
- Sourcing & Evaluation expertise
- Excellent ability to read, write, speak English
- Nice to have:
- A background in finance or an investment-related field
- Crypto/Blockchain experience is a plus
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices .
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply