IO Furniture Limited – We are a full-service interior design and furniture manufacturing company characterized by our uncompromising quality and innovative design solutions. With innovation, functionality, and style at the heart and soul of our company, we deliver perfection consistently. From our signature classics to our custom project designs we have managed to build a stellar reputation for excellence, quality, reliability and integrity.
We pride ourselves in our ability to interpret the essence of our clients through manufacturing and design. By working closely with each client we are able to create spaces that embody their being, because regardless of whether they are individuals, brands or establishments to us each project is personal.
Title: Procurement Officer (Furniture Manufacturing) | Location: Ilupeju, Lagos | Type: Full-time | IO Furniture Limited
Reporting Line: General Manager (Operations)
- To oversee purchases and develop new contracts
- To procure high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the organization.
- To follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identify and research potential new suppliers.
Core Working Relationships:
- Store Team
- Technical Team
- Production Team
- Finance Team.
- Responsible to source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and foreign vendors
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure products and supplies are durable and of high quality
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times and potential future development
- Evaluate supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation
- Implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and short lead time requirements
- Working with team members and Head of Procurement to complete duties as needed.
Education & Experience
- First Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Experience with ERP systems; Microsoft Navision experience is a plus
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems
- Two (2) years previous experience as a procurement officer in a furniture manufacturing company.
Key Job Attributes:
- Analytical and quantitative decision-making skill
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving and Creativity
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactivity and Innovation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of the Company’s products and services
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Packages
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Title as the subject of the email.