The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Applications Support Assistant
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
- Deploy applications to end-users, notably in terms of ERPs, Oracle and MS Dynamics including the related add-ons and portal like numerous Oracle Add-on (WEB, ADI, Oracle reporting, etc) and HR Self-Service.
- The internal customer base consists of users both at the headquarters and at the stations. Supporting the latter happens remotely using adequate tools (SysAid ticketing, Team Viewer remote assistance system, etc.);
- Assist users on functional matters related to the application, notably ERPs related to travel management vehicle request and annual employee appraisal system;
- Provide functional / configuration related support on SharePoint related solution like guiding users to correctly upload files to various SharePoint application;
- Troubleshoot miscellaneous issues related to all the above and ensuring excellent customer satisfaction towards IT Unit;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- OND in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
- Basic knowledge of most common programming languages and customer support orientation
- Prior experience on ERPs is a and added advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.