Job Title: IT Manager The American University of Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri-Borno or Yola-Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- The IT Manager will have the primary responsibility of maintaining a functional project IT equipment, software and system, assisting staff in developing and effectively using information technologies.
- S/he will assist in setting up and managing the project IT systems.
- Coordinate and maintain the setup of a secure, fully functional computer network in the project states offices.
- Ensure that necessary hardware and software as well as communication equipment are acquired, installed and maintained.
- Ensure real time backups of project databases (including project website and intranet) to effectively manage programs and administration of information need.
- Design file-sharing system on the project and/or AUN website to allow for effective and efficient sharing of files within the project and ensuring that business forms are updated regularly.
- Remotely support and troubleshoot users across project states on their daily work.
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Ensure regular updates of all office software, including anti-virus soft wares.
- Keeping the project up to date with new advancements in information and communication technologies.
- Training of Project staff to improve their computer skills (as required) and providing regular IT supports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Master/M.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Must have 5-7 years of specific experience in desktop support, ICT, Information Systems, or a related field
- Previous experience working as IT Manager with INGO or Donor funded projects is preferred
- High level knowledge of Spoken and Written English required
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.