Title: IT Officer | Location: Maiduguri, Borno | Terre des hommes (Tdh)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation. In over 30 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
Tdh established its Country Office in Nigeria during the last quarter of 2017 as part of the response to the evolving humanitarian crisis in the Lake Chad Basin. Since then, the organization’s interventions has established and expanded across Borno State in the North East (the Eastern Crescent). The sites currently covered by Tdh include the Stadium IDP Camp and Bolori II within the Maiduguri Municipal Council, Monguno, Pulka, Dikwa, Mafa Central, Mafa Rural and Rann, which are deep field locations. Through its work, Tdh has continued to address the most urgent needs of IDPs and host communities affected by the crisis, bridging gaps and improving access to basic needs and services. Current activities include Water, Hygiene and Sanitation, Maternal and Infant Health, Child Protection, and Education in Emergencies.
- IT Officer will be primarily responsible with assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in TDH NGA Nigeria.
- The ICT Officer is will report to Logistics Manager for and will work closely with Logistics Coordinator and all program sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning and support
Responsibilities & Tasks
Installation & Configuration of:
- Servers, server operating system and software, desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, Firewalls, essential network services peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
- Windows 10 operating system image.
Maintenance, Repair & Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all TdH NGA computers and network resources.
- Implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users as per TdH NGA IT recommendations and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Create and maintain TdH NGA computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
- Create and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, system access, email creation request, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Closely collaborate with the TdH HQ IT Unit on helpdesk, connectivity and other in country and global TDH NGA IT projects.
- Investigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity.
Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Develop and implement user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users.
- Test and evaluate new technology as required by TdH HQ IT Unit.
- Prepare and submit regular reports that provide sufficient detail for TdH HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is always upheld.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s Degree / Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering with a minimum of 4 years work experience.
- Formal education/training in ICT desired – can be compensated with experience in Logistics (at discretion of evaluation team)
- Significant previous experience with similar tasks, particularly in Information and Communication Technologies
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet, Server, LINUX)
- Experience in team management
- Previous experience with an NGO is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environment
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Ability to investigate issues and requirements and identify and prioritize appropriate solutions.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing processes, constantly seeking process improvement.
- Ability to work in a flexible hour when required.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Help other employees in the use of various technologies.
- Ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders and staff.
- Demonstrated interest in technology advanced within the firm.
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Hausa and Kanuri.
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply