Title: IT PMO Lead | Location: Lagos | Access Bank Plc
- Responsible for building and leading the IT PMO (Project Management Office) to the highest governance standards in line with the organization’s strategic focus.
- Overseeing project management staff and providing guidance on PMO processes and policies.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the PMO.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation and management of program and project governance frameworks and development of appropriate reporting tools which deliver value.
- Review programs and projects for deliverability including adequate resourcing,
- Ensures all governance reporting is accurate and timely, with appropriate updates on project timeframes, budget, scope, and benefits.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Provide metrics to evaluate project managers and other related staff on their projects.
- Provide oversight on project resourcing.
- Participate in all IT Planning and policy development efforts.
- Facilitate the resolution of any issues encountered.
- Oversees the production of periodic project reports for senior management.
- Provide supportive leadership, motivating and directing staff as they work.
- Influence internal stakeholders to achieve the desired outcomes, including process improvement, of the PMO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Program Delivery.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- 10 – 12 years’ working experience as a project manager, preferably in a financial institution.
- Relevant professional qualifications and master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience as a PMO manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Good understanding of the financial services industry and the need for periodically embarking on IT enabled business change projects.
- Working knowledge of contract management, budget, and cost management
- Risk management experience in project management
- Sound understanding of change management practices.
- Adequate knowledge of package implementation of integrated systems
- Strong knowledge and use of project management methodologies and its implementation.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Good understanding of Agile methodology.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- High level of accountability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good Leadership skills
- Detail Oriented with problem-solving.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Strong resource management experience.
- Good mentorship skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply