IT Security Officer (Financial Services) | Edge Recruiter Nigeria | Lagos
IT Security Officer (Financial Services)Our client is a proprietary investment group of company. They currently have an opening for an experienced IT Security Officer (Financial services).
The IT Security Officer shall be responsible for performing security monitoring and incident handling to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of information assets for the group and its subsidiaries.
- Design, manage and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications, and data for the Group and its Subsidiaries.
- Drive the implementation of a comprehensive information security program for the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to maintain and improve the security posture of our Businesses and IT. This includes the operational implementation of security policies and best practices.
- Develop appropriate measures to understand the effectiveness of securing our businesses through the availability of systems.
- Respond to escalated security events and drive security incident response processes to ensure timely resolution with minimal disruption.
- Play an advisory role in application development or acquisition projects, to assess information security requirements and ensure that security controls are implemented as planned throughout the project life cycle.
- Implement comprehensive vulnerability management systems across all assets on-premises and in the cloud.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Conduct a periodic review of the IT Security management framework and ensure it is updated in line with industry trends and
- regulatory requirements.
- Document Security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Prepare reports for management attention on residual risk, vulnerabilities, and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
- Participate in IT security investigations and compliance reviews as requested by internal or external auditors.
- Conduct research, assess new threats and security alerts, and recommend appropriate actions to mitigate them.
- Raise the security awareness and education level of employees.
- Escalate and provide feedback on incidents as per Incident
- Handling Classification Standard and process.
- Spot patterns across a number of systems to provide advanced warnings on new threats.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the group’s policies, procedures, or overall
- IT environment. Adherence to all applicable Policies and Procedures is mandatory.
- Actively participate in the selection of information security solutions partners to manage and deliver IT Security projects within the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Interface with other teams within and outside the IT department in the process of delivering security solutions.
- Increases or Decreases in Reported Incidents.
- Total Number of Securities.
- Cost Per Incident (Direct cost, indirect cost and cost of lost opportunity).
- Time to Resolve.
- Regulatory Requirements when benchmarked to industry standards.
- First-Time Fix Rate.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Three (3) to Six (6) years of relevant work experience with enterprise information security implementation.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Experience in researching new or emerging technologies and processes that may be incorporated as solutions to reoccurring security concerns.
- Security incident and event management skills.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Very good conceptual and analytical thinking skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply